This company combines Design, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Software under one roof to create the most efficient product development lifecycle possible. We complete over 100 projects each year that span many different industries such as: medical, agriculture, consumer goods, industrial and sports and fitness. If you get bored looking over the same projects day after day, this is the job for you!
They need a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our product development team. The individual should have a strong background in electrical engineering fundamentals coupled with a desire to develop new and innovative products in a collaborative environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Concept development and functional requirements generation
- System architecture, design and development of systems for a wide range of applications
- Firmware development to enable control, communications & test.
- Component and hardware selection for motion control systems, microcontrollers, power conversion, etc.
- PCB architecture, design and development for both low volume and high volume applications
- Schematic development and PCB layout
- Development of electrical manufacturing documentation as needed
- Interacting with our team and clients to deliver superior product solutions
- Assisting with product validation and production launch
Qualifications and Skills
- A BSEE and minimum of 4 years professional experience in a product development environment (experience to include at least 3 years of PCB development and circuit design).
- Proven track record of EE leadership in a multidisciplinary, team-based environment with ability to effectively envision and communicate concepts.
- Hands-on experience using analytical methods as well as prototyping as a problem solving tool.
- Test and debug skills using common lab equipment coupled with a “persist till you persevere” attitude
- Proficiency with EE CAD software (Altium, Orcad, PADS, Eagle, Expedition, or Cadence)
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and creating electrical engineering documentation
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to thoughtfully articulate and present technical ideas
- Experience with UL, FCC and CE certification processes
- Although not required, the ideal candidate will have experience in medical device product development and exposure to FDA, ISO and ASTM standards and global regulations for medical device technology.
121 E . Conant Street
Portage, W I 53901
Phone:608-742-7300 Ex. 304