Why This Job Is Important
We empower people with asthma and COPD to lead their lives without limits; we do this by combining technology, education, and empathy to improve decision-making and guide therapy. You’ll create software that conquers respiratory disease.
Achieving a life without limits is an ambitious promise; it demands bold ideas and new viewpoints on old problems. You will learn something new every day as you pioneer new digital health solutions.
Consider Joining Us If You Are
- Eager to work at a fast-paced startup company on a 5 to 7 person self-governed, cross-functional team.
- Passionate about eliminating waste, and getting stuff done.
- Not afraid of changing requirements, even late in development.
- Bold. You embrace risk, and want to solve the tough problems that other organizations fear.
- Naturally curious, and believe in lifelong personal growth.
- A believer that technology can help solve hard problems and change the world.
- Aware that technology, by itself, does not delight customers; the sweet spot is when we combine technology with practical solutions, surprises, utility, and social interaction.
Experience We’re Looking For
- 3-5 professional years creating and maintaining large-scale HA cloud applications.
- Proficiency creating and supporting hosted software products using: NGINX, Node.js, AngularJS, React, MongoDB, Redis, JSON and third-party APIs. Hadoop and machine learning experience would be a bonus.
- Proficiency creating and maintaining automated unit tests, load tests, system tests, and builds/deployments.
- Familiarity with enterprise hosting concepts such as domain naming, load balancing, encryption, and AWS.
- Experience supporting the operations of production software including proactive monitoring.
What You Will Do
You’ll imagine, develop, document, support, and maintain full-stack hosted software. You will:
- Write elegant and functional code
- Ship features often
- Communicate regularly, and overcome “blocks”
- Create software you’re proud of, and that consumers love
Who We Are:
Propeller empowers people with asthma and COPD to live measurably better lives. In 2010, Propeller set out to modernize respiratory medicine, empower people to minimize the impact of asthma and COPD on their daily lives, and connect them to their physicians, environment and community. Our information-powered approach to respiratory management guides physicians and patients to the optimal path of therapy for each individual. With connected inhalers, digital interfaces, and real time personalized insights, participants receive personal guidance and expert direction anytime. Backed by Safeguard Scientifics (NYSE: SFE), Social Capital and other investors, Propeller has been used by patients with asthma or COPD in over 45 commercial programs across the US at major healthcare systems, payers, employers and other commercial partners. The company has been recognized as the recipient of the Fast Company Most Innovative Companies of 2017, the American Telemedicine Association’s 2016 President’s Award for Innovation in Remote Healthcare, and one of the top “Fierce 15” medical device companies in 2015 by FierceMedicalDevices. For more information visit: propellerhealth.com
Go to the Propeller Careers page and look for th Apply Now button.