Job Location: Sheboygan, WI
Job Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Electronics Design Engineer
The Electronics Design engineer is responsible for designing analog and digital circuits for a variety of products. Responsibilities will include capturing requirements, and translating them into engineering specifications, component selection and qualification, schematic design and entry, PCB layout, and overseeing prototype fabrication. In addition, abilty to troubleshoot and bring up hardware is expected.
1. Perform electrical engineering design, analysis & testing for a wide range of electronic and electro-mechanical plumbing products and subassemblies.
2. Work with electronic and electromechanical suppliers and development partners in the management of outside design & manufacturing activities.
3. Work with and provide direction and mentoring to analysts and technicians.
4. Under guidance of senior-level engineering and/or management; juggle multiple projects and priorities, with the ability to switch focus as priorities change.
5. Work with marketing, project manager and other team members to develop specifications for product or process systems from customer requirements.
6. Coordinate activities with other functional areas, suppliers, contractors and consultants.
7. Work with team, suppliers and others to establish project schedules and budgets. Establish and review plans for multiple activities/projects; monitor and take corrective action as schedule impacts occur.
8. Determine technical feasibility of new electronics product concepts.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
• Reports to Supervisor or Manager – Electronics Engineering
• Receives general direction but exercises discretion as to personal work details.
• May coordinate work to designers, technical writers, analysts, engineering technicians and CAD designers/drafters.
• Frequent contact with Program and Project leadership, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Marketing, Purchasing and Manufacturing Engineering.
• Moderate contact with the client international divisions in the collaboration & development of global products.
• Occasional contact with Accounting, Consumer Affairs, Corporate Management, Legal, and other company groups as required.
External Business Relationships:
1. Frequent contact with suppliers, consultants, contract manufacturers and product development firms regarding product specification, design and manufacturing.
2. Occasional contact with outside legal and market research firms.
3. Occasional attendance to engineering & product trade shows and seminars to investigate new products, technologies & processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program, with 4-5 years of experience.
2. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program, with 2-3 years of experience.
3. Experience with circuit design and analysis tools, schematic capture and PCB layout tools (Altium is preferred).
4. Experience designing with 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers/processors.
5. Experience in high speed digital systems design
6. Experience with design for EMC.
7. Experience in complete development cycle – requirements to qualification and release.
pzachowicz (at) bb7.com