Job Title: Electrical Engineer III
Regular/Temporary: 6 months
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States
RF Electrical Engineer position will work as part of a team to deliver products to the marketplace which contain wireless technologies. RF engineer responsible for taking input from the use cases, designing an antenna and verifying the RF system against those requirements.
• Coordinate and attend meetings to determine the correct specification for wireless performance and compliance.
• Create documentation for wireless specifications and compliance.
• Adhere to the quality system requirements through the product development process.
• RF design, Link budget, implementation, and release of wireless products
• Participate in DFMEA and risk assessment and risk mitigation for product development.
• Drive test environment definition as well as testing and troubleshooting of product to characterize the unit and system level RF performance
• Generate test plans and procedures to characterize the unit and system level RF performance.
• Coordinate product testing and report generation.
• Analyze report and track/troubleshoot RF performance bugs.
• Review internal and external wireless and system level specifications and determines compliance to specifications.
• A proactive approach towards problems and projects in addition to creativity and latitude is expected.
• Drive continuous improvement in product and process
• Pursue test automation where appropriate.
• Support transfer of products into manufacturing
• Troubleshooting and resolve EMI interference issues
• 4+ years of experience with Bachelors Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
• 2+ years of experience with Masters Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
• Experience with Consumer Electronics product development.
• Experience in medical device product development
• Experience with the development of high reliability devices
• Experience working as a RF Engineer
• Experience with engineering statistical tools/methods such as DOE, Monte Carlo, Minitab
• Experience using and FMEA and FTA methods;
• Specify, direct and perform design characterization and verification of the RF system.
• Hands-on problem-solver.
• Proven capability to convert ideas into working designs, which are feasible, cost-effective, and manufacturability.
• Competence with EE simulation tools, such as HFSS.
• Design, develop, verify and maintain LabVIEW and C++ based software.
• Experience with RF technologies. (Bluetooth, MICS(Medical Implant Communication Service), Wifi, Cellular)
• The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to interact with a computer and test environment including RF chambers
• Doing computer-based work for extended periods of time.
• Limited travel globally up to 10%.
Tel # 703-544-2960
2010 N. 1st Street, Ste 470,
San Jose, CA 95131.
Fax # 408-855-9490, E-Fax# 408-521-0805